Thank you for visiting our website! We hope you have a positive experience with Hickman County High School. We at HCHS will honor the traditions of HCHS while striving to ensure a top quality educational experience that will prepare our students to succeed in today’s society. We hope that you will find our website useful. Feel free to call us anytime and GO BULLDOGS!
What’s Happening at HCHS…
- Click HERE to see the District Calendar.
- Click HERE for monthly Lunch Menu.
- Click HERE to see HCHS Sports Schedules.
- If you took the PSAT in October, please stop by the Guidance Office to pick up your scores.
- Band & Choir Christmas Concert – December 8 @ 7:00 p.m.
- PREGAME-PALOOZA! – The Interactive Gaming Experience! FREE ticket to HCHS Basketball game, FREE food, and FREE to attend!
- When: Monday, December 12 @ 3:30
- Where: HCHS Auditorium
- See Mr. Dotson or Coach Austin to sign up!
- The Testing Schedule for the first semester will be as follows:
- Tuesday, December 13-2nd and 4th periods
- Wednesday, December 14-3rd and 7th periods
- Thursday,December 15-1st period
- Friday, December 16-ALL make-ups
- Report cards will go out Monday, January 9
- Art Club Shirts– Available for $10.00. See Ms. Clark.
- Centerville Woman’s Club is selling pecans in support of our Scholarship fund. See Mrs. Rice or Mrs. Jacobs.
- Student Tickets for home Basketball games are on for sale in the Front Office for $3.00 each. Also, season tickets for adults are $40.00.
- Volunteers Needed – There will be a Christmas party for the Impact Center on Friday, December 16th at 5:00 p.m. at the Centerville United Methodist Church basement. Volunteers are needed on Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30 p.m. to help set up for the event. Volunteers are also needed on the day of the event Friday, December 16th at 4:00 p.m. until the event is complete. If you are interested in helping please contact Mrs. McCaleb at email@example.com or by calling 931-670-1366 ext. 231.
- Seniors- If you have not completed FAFSA, you need to do so. Mrs. Saunders will be meeting with you in the Library after Thanksgiving. FAFSA deadline is January 17. If not completed, you will not be eligible for TN Promise. Please bring your FAFSA ID information. Reminder- that you must have 8 hours of community service to keep TN Promise.
- SENIORS! – Click HERE to check out the Senior Newsletter! This is full of valuable information for Seniors regarding timelines, filing deadlines, etc.
- Teachers/Students-We have nomination sheets in the Front Office for student/teachers of the month. Teachers nominate students. Students nominate teachers. There will be a place to write a short reason for their nomination. If that part is not filled out, the nomination will not be considered.
- Students-English department has a bookstore with basic supplies. See an English teacher if you need any help.
- Seniors TSAC, the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, recently received word of a possible scam. A number of students and/or parents have received phone calls from people claiming to be from “TN Promise” to “provide assistance” with completion of the application once credit card information is provided. TSAC and their partnering organizations will under no circumstances ever request credit card information in order to assist a student or parent with completion of the TN Promise application and the FAFSA. If you have already completed your TN Promise application you may have received a text message this week regarding this scam. Please do not provide credit card information to someone claiming to help you with TN Promise.
- Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarships- To view all available scholarships visit dar.org/natsociety/edout_scholar.cfm. February 10, 2017.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship
- Since 2006, the Foundation has awarded more than $5,000,000 in college scholarships to middle Tennessee students pursuing business and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) degrees at colleges and universities throughout the United States. The newest class of recipients are enrolled at 44 colleges and universities in 17 states. Those students represent 67 high schools across 19 counties in Middle Tennessee. They come from public, independent, and home schools with 30+ majors ranging from economics to engineering. For a list of eligibility requirements, and to begin your application visit Scarlett Family Foundation College Scholarships. Accepting applications through December 15.
- HCHS Guidance Department News – Be sure to check out the Guidance Department page for important links and news about TN Promise, ACT, scholarships, dual enrollment, etc…
Parents & Students
HCHS Alma Mater
Hail! Hickman County High
Bles’d be thy name.
Vict’ry shall be thy goal;
Honor thy fame.
Our hearts shall e’er recall
Hail Hickman County High!
May God prosper thee.
Bles’d too, thy hallowed halls.
Echo our song.
School days we hold most dear,
To you belong.
Tears mixed with happiness
We shared with thee.
Hail Hickman County High!
May God prosper thee.
Hickman County High School
1645 Bulldog Blvd.
Centerville, TN 37033
Mark Bentley, Principal
Lonnie Horner, Asst. Principal